Mobile gaming has its share of zombies, and certainly its share of RPGs. Now a new game, Beyond the Dead, brings the two together! The game is free to play, and available on iTunes now.
Japanese company Gree’s new game Beyond the Dead shows its JRPG roots but adds social features and other modern touches to its gameplay. The player guides a squad of five survivors through a zombie infested hellscape. The team is chosen from a roster of 125 survivors. Having selected a team, the player battles through a city overrun with the undead, beefing up the team’s stats along the way!
Beyond the Dead is free to play and available on iTunes. For more information, check out the game’s blurb below:
You are the last hope. A survivor of an unknown viral outbreak. Join the fight against the zombie hordes. And, when the world is against you and the walking dead roam the streets, you know what works best? Guns. Lots of guns.
You don’t have to do it alone. Find other survivors. Together, you will become humanity’s last shot at redemption. Build a safe haven and defend it against zombies and humans alike, find the supplies necessary for survival, and uncover the truth about the outbreak. Fight, survive, prevail.
Beyond the Dead (RPG) Features:
– Discover and recruit over 100 unique survivors, each bringing their own story and skills to the fight.
– 400+ weapons, everything from machetes to the jaws of life, possibly even the kitchen sink!
– Explore the vast post-apocalyptic land with 24 areas teeming with enemies both zombie and human.
– Defend yourself against the horde by designing and constructing your settlement to support and train your team for battle!
– Form alliances with other player settlements to battle for resources and take down the most powerful of enemies.
– Uncover the origin of the outbreak and discover the secrets of the world Beyond the Dead.
What’s New in Version 1.0.5
– New Training Items
– New crate experience
– Starter packs
– Balance fixes
– Unit upgrades
– Bug fixes