For those of you out there who get your fair share of deliveries weekly, know how important it is to have the best deliveries app possible. Junecloud happens to be one of the few developers out who make an app that both looks nice and functions well (to an extent). Well, the company finally delivered an update to users who’ve been painstakingly waiting for a refresh.
Junecloud didn’t hold back in version 5.0, as users aren’t going to get just a couple of novel features, instead they’re getting a laundry list of things that previously hampered the application in the past.
Here’s the ridiculously long list of improvements made to the app in version 5.0:
- A new look: redesigned for iOS 7 (but we didn’t forget about iOS 6).
- Background notifications: with iOS 7, your deliveries can update occasionally in the background, and let you know when something changes. Open the settings and tap Notifications to turn this on.
- Calendar support: optionally add estimated delivery dates to your calendar. Open the settings and tap Notifications to turn this on.
- Search: You can now search your deliveries by item name, tracking number, shipping company, current status, and more.
- Archive: Deliveries are now archived instead of deleted. The detail view also shows an archive button when a delivery is complete. You can search for archived deliveries, view them, and restore them if necessary.
- iCloud sync: You can now sync with either iCloud or Junecloud sync. (For now, stick with Junecloud if you need to sync with your Mac!)
- Lightning fast barcode scanning: on iOS 7, barcodes scan faster than ever.
- AirDrop sharing: on iOS 7 you can easily share deliveries with others around you.
- Text and iMessage sharing: on iOS 7 you can now share deliveries via text message or iMessage.
- More sorting options: You can now sort by last updated in addition to by delivery date or date added.
- Improved efficiency. For example, manually refreshing will skip deliveries that were just updated, and deliveries that haven’t changed in a while will update less often.
- When a countdown is over 99 days, it will now display in months.
- Favorites now sync with iCloud (even if you’re using Junecloud to sync deliveries).
- You can now use the return key to cycle through the settings when you’re adding a delivery, for faster entry.
- 1Password integration helps you easily look up your passwords.
- Web pages now have a back button, plus an option to copy the link or open it in Safari.
- When you’re viewing the delivery details, you can now tap a numbered item to show that shipment in the main list.
- If you edit an “Other” delivery and add a tracking number, Delivery Status will now try to guess which service it is.
- Improved searching of the services list: more services are marked as EMS, and “other” is now shown if there are no matches.
- Many, many other improvements and optimizations.
- Note: this version requires iOS 6 or later.
Via: iTunes App Store