So you dropped your phone down the toilet? You have just joined the 15% of people who have admitted to making the same mistake. Here’s what you should do:
- Get the phone out ASAP – the longer it’s in water, the less chance you have of saving it.
- Turn it off – and if it’s off, don’t try turning it on.
- Take out the SIM card, memory card and the battery (if possible).
- Using a towel gently dry all the components.
- Put the phone in an airtight container filled with uncooked rice, which will absorb moisture. Or use some product that is made for this purpose (if you have it).
- Leave the phone in the rice for at least 24 hours.
- Hope for the best.
Two things you shouldn’t do:
- Do NOT use a hair drier.
- Do NOT charge the phone.
After a full day passes, turn on the phone. Hopefully it works. 😉