BlackBerry might have seen better days, but the smartphone pioneer’s messenger service will live on. BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) came out for Android and iOS last month and have been tremendously popular. It seems that folks love their BBM, even if they’ve moved on from BlackBerry Devices. Now a new update for BBM for Android adds some new functionality to the mega-popular messaging app. Grab it here!
The update brings new Contact Categories, which allow you to create categories in your contacts list in order to help organize your friends. Also, the app adds new list sorting and filtering to Groups by Email, which makes it easier to add your friends to specific groups. Not a huge overhaul, but some nice added features for the popular service.
BBM has great ratings on Google Play, and it’s been downloaded over 20 Million times! The application is free and a 13MB download. The list of updates and more information about BlackBerry Messenger follow below. Grab the app from the Google Play Store!
– BBM Contact categories
– List sorting and filtering in BBM Groups
– ‘Tell your friends’ feature helps you connect with friends on BBM
– Quickly share your BBM PIN and PIN barcode to your social networks
– Addresses an issue where some users were experiencing higher battery use
– Bug fixes and performance improvements
The OFFICIAL version of BBM™ from BlackBerry is now here for Android. Get the free BBM app for the best way to stay connected with friends and family. Download it now.
Chat with friends on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone:
• BBM is always on and always connected – no app to open
• Know when messages have been delivered (D’s) and read (R’s)
• Share photos, files, documents, voice notes and more
• See when contacts are responding to your message
• Emoticons for every mood and emotion let you express yourself
BBM lets you protect your privacy. You control it:
• You chose how to share your information – BBM uses PINs instead of phone numbers or email addresses so that it’s more private, and you always control who can contact you
• You chose your contacts – 2-way opt-in means you have control over who is able to message you
Chat and Share with many at once:
• Groups – BBM groups help you share pictures, lists, and appointments with group members. You can even be in a group with people who aren’t part of your own BBM contact list.
• Multi-person chats – Invite multiple contacts to have a chat together.
• Broadcast messages – Send a message to multiple BBM contacts at one time.
Create your own BBM profile:
• Post a profile picture using images, pictures or even animated pictures (GIFs).
• Update your status to let people know what you’re up to or how you feel
Download BBM for free today.
[Via: Google Play]