Firefox has done some impressive work with its Android app, basically giving the mobile browser a complete aesthetic and functional overhaul. Firefox has added a new Firefox for Android Home screen, which displays tops sites, history, bookmarks and a reading list upon opening the app. Firefox’s Home screen menu is now swipeable, and Home’s predictive text feature displays relevant links right below the search bar, making finding content, stores or anything you could think of right at your fingertips.
In addition to the Home overhaul, Firefox has added Bing and Yahoo! search results, which can be changed by opening the Customize section in the browser settings.
Here’s what’s new in the Firefox update:
- [New] Guest Browsing added
- [New] Web Audio support
- [New] Romanian, Irish, and Ukrainian
- [Fixed] 25.0.1: Identified security vulnerability
- [Changed] Mixed content blocking enabled to protect from man-in-the-middle attacks
- [Dev] Remote debugging with desktop Firefox can now be enabled from the settings
- [Dev] Add-ons can now add indicators to the URL Bar
- [Known Issue on Android 4.4]: Flash currently not supported