The Nike+ Running iPhone app was updated today with some new nifty features that take advantage of the iPhone’s built-in GPS and accelerometer. Now runners are able to select from various training programs that range in difficulty and receive daily workouts, reminders, and coaching tips. In addition a slight adjustment can be added for experience level and the amount of distance being ran.
What’s New in Version 4.5.0
- Take on your next running goal and never look back. Whether you’re looking to take on your first 5K or smash your marathon PR, Nike+ Coach comes equipped with training programs, coaching tips, and daily workouts to get you race-ready.
- Set your sights on the 5K, 10K, half-marathon or marathon distances.
- Choose from beginner, intermediate or advanced training levels.
- Get daily run reminders to stay motivated.
- Track your progress and see what’s coming up next in your training.
At this point, when it comes to workout apps, it seems that Nike and RunKeeper have a choke-hold on the market, as both apps offer so many awesome features.
Do you use Nike+ for your workouts? If not, which fitness app do you use?
You can grab the app for free from iTunes App Store here.