Just when we thought SwiftKey can’t get any better, they’ve surprised us again by including the two frequently-asked features – support for emoji icons and (optional) number row.
These two capabilities, however, are still not ready for the prime time, and the app is currently in the beta testing stage. Here are all the improvements and bug fixes this release boasts:
- Secondary characters on the top letter row modified when number row is enabled
- Redesigned emoji UI including new space and backspace bar, swipe gestures to switch emoji tab and changes to how the layout works under the hood
- Fixed performance issues when switching between tabs
- Emoji now appear larger
- Fixed issue where emoji still predicted even when disabled
- General memory problems fixed
- Fixed issue where Ice theme used extra RAM
- Fixed keyboard freezes
- Fixed issues when syncing
- Fixed problem with Trending Phrases not updating
- Fixed incorrect vibration feedback when scrolling
So are you ready to test it out? If so, proceed to this page to download SwiftKey Beta and join the conversation with “more numbers” and emoji icons.