Looking to jump into the shibe filled world of Dogecoin? Good! The cryptocurrency has jumped in popularity, nipping right at the heels of Bitcoin. While the process of buying, mining and keeping Dogecoin can be a bit tricky, there’s a super easy way to keep all of your precious Dogecoins in one place, and on your Android device no less.
Dogecoin Wallet is an app for Android devices which lets you quickly and easily send, receive and manage the balance of your Dogecoins. Upon installation, you will be assigned a Dogecoin address, which will allow you to send and receive Dogecoins. This address can then be used to recieve coins. Here are some features of the free app:
• No registration, web service or cloud needed! This wallet is de-centralized and peer to peer.
• Display of Dogecoin amount in DOGE and mDOGE.
• Conversion to and from national currencies.
• Sending and receiving of Dogecoin via NFC, QR-codes or Dogecoin URLs.
• Address book for regularly used Dogecoin addresses.
• When you’re offline, you can still pay via Bluetooth.
• System notification for received coins.
• App widget for Dogecoin balance.
There are a myriad of ways to fill your Dogecoin wallet. One of the most popular methods is “mining” the coins, which is simple but requires a little configuration to set up. There’s a way to mine Dogecoin with your Android device as well, read our how-to post here.
There are also Dogecoin faucets, which are websites that dole out small amounts of Dogecoins to users who enter their addresses. This is a quick and easy way to get some free coins in your wallet. Dogecoins can also be purchased with hard currency, either from sellers on eBay or reddit, or converted from another crytocurrency, such as Bitcoin.
The process can be a bit confusing at first, so if you find yourself in a quandry, head here for a huge list of Dogecoin resources.
This is a must have app for the Dogecoin enthusiast with an Android device. So Shibes, what are you waiting for? To the moon!