Moto X owners on U.S. Cellular have much to be happy about today as Motorola has begun the rollout of the latest version of Android KitKat, 4.4.2, to the customizable device. The update brings a few new features and multiple bugfixes. Here’s what the new Moto X update brings:
- Printing documents and pictures: Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters
- Improved battery life: Fixed bugs which caused a small number of users to experience shorter battery life after upgrading to Android 4.4
- Fixed email sync delays: Fixed a bug that could cause email services like Microsoft Exchange to experience intermittent delays in data synchronization
The update is rolling out as we speak, so be on the lookout for the update to land on your Moto X soon. If you can’t wait for that update notification, you can always manually check for the update by following the steps below:
- Select the Settings icon in the apps menu.
- Select “About phone”.
- Select “System updates”.
- Select “Download”. After the software is downloaded, select “Install”.
- After the software is installed, your phone will re-start automatically.