The soon-to-be-announced Samsung Galaxy S5 will have an amazing camera with earlier rumors suggesting the company will opt for a 16-megapixel sensor and Optical Image Stabilization technology. Now we have few additional tidbits of information to add, compliments to the ever-savvy folks of SamMobile.
First thing you should know is that Samsung will include a “Side Touch” camera button on the Galaxy S5. This button won’t be visible but will work just like the “regular physical” button. Moreover, it will be disabled when camera is used in Portrait Mode, Easy Mode, and while recording video. Pretty sweet; but wait – there’s more.
Samsung is known for its powerful, feature-rich camera software. The Galaxy S5 will go one step beyond and include many new camera modes and effects. Here’s the rundown:
- 3D Tour Shot: Used for creating interactive virtual tours of your surroundings.
- Sports: For taking clearer pictures of fast-moving subjects.
- Focus Select: So that subjects can stand out against the background by adjusting the depth of field.
- Dual Camera: LG introduced this in its Optimus Pro, allowing users to take pictures and record videos using the front and rear cameras at the same time.
- Aqua: Appropriate for taking pictures underwater. So it’s confirmed: Galaxy S5 will be a water-proof device!
- Animated Photo: For creating a picture containing moving objects by animating parts of the picture.
- 3D Panorama: Spherical panorama of your surroundings.
- Sound & Shot: Add a few seconds of background sound. This feature was introduced with the Galaxy S4.
- Drama: Takes multiple exposure pictures of a moving subject and merges them into “one dramatic picture.”
- Golf: Take pictures of a golf swing and then play these pictures forwards or backwards.
- Auto Portrait: Take self-portrait with the rear camera.
- Rich Tone (HDR): Merges pictures taken in various exposures to get softer or richer colors.
- Auto: Automatically adjusts the exposure to optimize the color and brightness of pictures. Single or burst shots supported.
- Eraser: Erase moving objects from consecutive pictures.
- Night: For taking low-light photos.
- Best Face: Select the best picture of each person from 5 consecutive pictures to get the best merged group picture.
- Best Photo: Take a series of pictures, and then select the best to save.
- Continuous Shot: Take pictures continuously.
- Panorama: Create a linear panorama by taking pictures in either a horizontal or vertical direction.
In addition, there are also Mosaic Shot, Smile Shot, Frame Shot, Vintage, Cartoon, Add Me, Action Shot, Stop Motion, Cartoon and Pet modes. You’ll be able to browse all the different camera modes for few hours.
Galaxy S5’s camera software will come with a ton of different camera effects, including Greyscale, Sepia, Negative, Emboss, Outline, Watercolor, Monochrome, Sketch, Washed Out, Posterize, Solarize, Vintage, Cold Vintage, Warm Vintage, Blue, Green Point, Red/Yellow, Nostalgia, Faded Color, Retro, Sunshine, Old Photo, Cartoon, Oil Pastel, Moody, Engraving, Vignette, Rugged, Tint, Turquoise, Fisheye, Noir Note and Vincent.
And if that’s not enough for you, you can always download custom effects. Sweet.
Finally, SamMobile says that the application will also feature some visual changes to match the new overall system theme. These guys already have the screenshots but decided not to share them – so that Samsung actually has something new to show us.
So are you looking forward to the Galaxy S5?