Sony has just announced a trio of Xperia devices today at MWC 2014 in Barcelona, two smartphones and one tablet. As anticipated, Sony announced the follow-up to the Xperia Z, the Xperia Z2 and the next tablet, the Xperia Z2. Also announced was the Xperia M2, a slimmed down version of the Xperia Z2. The new Xperia devices will launch globally in April.
Let’s take a look at the newly announced Xperia devices, the Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet and the M2.
In addition to the awesome spec sheet, the Xperia Z2 is water and dust-proof, and features specialized camera software from Sony, including Info-eye, Social live and Timeshift burst. The Z2 boasts amazing sound quality with its stereo speakers and noise cancelling technology.
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 at 2.3GHz
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2″ Full HD TRILUMINOS 3840 x 2160 pixels display
- 20.7MP “G Lens” Exmor RS
- Waterproof IP 55 and 58 certified
- 3200mAh battery
Sony’s Xperia M2 may be a bit smaller than the Z2, but it still packs a wallop. The M2 will come in a dual-SIM variant, allowing users to use two SIM cards on one device. Sony is also offering a free 30 day trial of its Music Unlimited service for those who purchase the M2, which Sony claims is the “world’s thinnest 4G smartphone.”
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon
- 4.8″ qHD display
- 4G LTE
- 2300mAh battery
- dual-SIM variant
- Colors: black, white, purple
- 8MP Exmor RS camera
Xperia Tablet Z2
The XPeria Z2 Tablet is a powerhouse, and don’t you forget it. The “world’s most powerful tablet” in Sony’s words, the Z2 tablet is waterproof, slim and light as a feather. The Z2 Tablet also features a ton of gaming enhancements, turning the tablet into a veritable gaming device.Users can even pair their DualShouck 3 Playstation controller with the tablet for controller-centric gaming.
- 10.1” Full HD TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality™ for mobile engine delivers a superb viewing experience
- S-Force Surround™ Sound and Digital Noise Cancelling for unrivalled audio quality
- World’s slimmest (6.4mm) and lightest (426g for Wi-Fi / 439g for LTE/3G) waterproof (IP55/IP58) tablet for ultimate portability
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with 2.3 GHz quad-core Krait CPUs, 3GB RAM, 4G LTE and Battery STAMINA Mode for fast, lasting performance
- Available in black or white colour variants