The GSMA has announced the winners of the 19th annual Global Mobile Awards. Many of the best-known brands are on the list, except for Samsung. Last year, the Korean giant went home with the “Smartphone of the Year” award for the Galaxy S3, but this time round – that title went to HTC One. The Taiwanese company’s flagship won the award in tough competition that included the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5S, Nokia Lumia 1020 and LG G2.
Here are few additional winners under different categories:
- Best Smartphone: HTC One
- Best Low Cost Smartphone: Nokia Lumia 520
- Best Entry Level or Featurephone: Nokia 105
- Most Innovative Device Manufacturer of the Year: LG
- Best Mobile Tablet: Apple iPad Air
- Outstanding LTE Contribution: SK Telecom for Commercial LTE-Advanced Network, KT Corporation for Wideband LTE-A Commercial Service
- Best Mobile Product or Service for Automotive: Nuance Communications for Dragon Drive
- Best Mobile Education Product or Service: Enable Mobile Technologies for Magic Pencil
And if you want to know more, you can view the complete list from here.