Well, that didn’t take long. Chinese smartphone manufacturer Goophone has released a pretty amazing knockoff of the upcoming ‘All New’ HTC One, which is set to be unveiled in a few short weeks on March 25th. Known as the Goophone M8, the Android powered smartphone looks exactly like the upcoming ‘All New’ HTC One, which has gone by the codename M8 for some time. But that’s where the similarities end. The Goophone M8 is a decidedly mid-range device, where the upcoming HTC One successor is primed to be a beast spec wise.
Goophone recently one upped Samsung by releasing a Galaxy S5 knockoff, cleverly titled the Goophone S5. The knockoff appeared just two days after Sammy’s official Galaxy S5 unveiling at MWC 2014, and packs hardware almost on par with the Galaxy S5, and definitely more powerful than the Goophone M8. Goophone also cloned the HTC One last year, releasing the Goophone One.
Here’s what the Goophone M8 is packing:
- Colors – Silver / Black / Gold
- Network – GSM, WCDMA (HSUPA, HSDPA)
- Operating System – Android 4.2 OS
- Bands – GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA: 850/1900/2100MHz Carrier Unlocked
- Screen – 5-inch, 1080P FHD (1920*1080 pixels)
- Processor – CPU: 1.7GHz MTK MT6592 octa-core processor, GPS: ARM Mali450-MP4
- RAM – 1GB RAM
- ROM – 16GB RAM
- Rear Camera – 12.6-megapixel camera, with LED flashlight
- Front Camera – 5-megapixel camera
- Battery – 2800mAh
- SIM Card – Dual SIM cards slots (Standard)
Not the best spec sheet I’ve ever seen, but not the worst either. And for just $229 unlocked, the Goophone M8 looks pretty sweet.
Will you purchase a Goophone M8, or are you waiting for the ‘All New’ HTC One? Let us know in the comments.