LG has started rolling out Android 4.4 KitKat update for the international version of its G2 smartphone. Available over the air (OTA), the new software will bring significant performance improvements, UI tweaks and more. However, you may not be able to download the updated firmware today since these sort of rollouts come in stages with some markets getting it before the others.
Learning from AT&T’s LG G2 update change log, here’s what you can expect (aside from the platform version boost):
- UI improvements that include restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support.
- Stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency that includes music playback enhancements and battery-saving location mode.
- Faster processing speed with apps running 17% faster than before the update.
- Faster web-browsing speed thanks to the Chromium engine.
- Google Cloud Printer support which allows printing of documents via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connections.
- Improvements of LG’s Knock On feature.
Yup, there’s a ton of goodies coming to the LG G2 owners; hopefully, you’ll get all of ‘em soon…