The ill-fated Samsung Galaxy Gear has received a substantial price cut, shedding a few hundred bucks and coming in at $159 from Woot!. Not to be confused with the sort-of Tizen powered Gear 2 and Gear Fit, the Galaxy Gear smartwatch runs on a customized version of Android and pairs with any device running Android 4.3 and up. While the Galaxy Gear doesn’t look as pretty as the upcoming Android Wear powered Moto 360 or the LG G Watch, it’s hard to pass up at such a low price.
Woot! has quite a few color options for you as well. The Galaxy Gear can be purchased in five different colors, including lime green, wild orange, oatmeal beige, mocha grey and rose gold.
Interested in grabbing a Galaxy Gear? Check out the device compatibility list below before you go plopping down that cold hard cash. There are methods of using the Galaxy Gear with a Nexus 5 also, unofficially of course.
- Samsung Galaxy Note® 3, SM-N900A
- Samsung Galaxy S® 4, SGH-i337
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SGH-i747
- Samsung Galaxy Mega™, SGH-i527
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SPH-L720
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SPH-L900
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SPH-L710
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900V
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SCH-i545
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SCH-i535
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SCH-i605
- Samsung Galaxy S 4 Mini, SCH-i435
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3, SM-N900RA
- Samsung Galaxy S 4, SCH-R970
- Samsung Galaxy Note II, SCH-R950
- Samsung Galaxy S III, SCH-R530