Chances are you know that the IFA show is kicking off later this week in Berlin, Germany; and that we expect to see a bunch of new mobile devices unveiled at that time. In fact, we expect to see more new product announcements at IFA than we’ve seen at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. Guess September goes better (than February) with vendors’ own schedules.
In any case, here are the 18 devices we may see officially introduced in the next 5-7 days. If not before…
1. Asus Smart Watch – Android-wear powered watch is pretty much confirmed, and it should cost less than LG’s G Watch and Samsung’s Gear Live.
2. Asus PadFone X mini – this model may or may not be unveiled in Berlin. The fact that it’s heading to AT&T may prevent the Taiwanese company from officially launching it from the heart of Europe. Though you never know, perhaps they unveil the international model?
3. Asus Transformer Pad TF303 series – two tablets that can be turned into laptops, one with Intel’s and the other with Qualcomm’s chip.
4. HTC Desire 820 – the rumor has it that this mid-ranger will rock Qualcomm’s 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chip.
5. HTC smart watch – it’s about time HTC joins the wearables space. We’ve heard the HTC watch is coming but we can’t be 100% certain said device will be unveiled at IFA.
6. Huawei Ascend D3 (or D7) – the company’s high-end phablet will rock the potent Kirin 920 chip along with other top-end bells and whistles.
7. LG G3 with Snapdragon 805 – Such model has been unveiled in South Korea and I guess IFA is a perfect venue to announce its Euro debut.
8. Lenovo Vibe X2 – this will be a high phone with specs that include a 2.2 GHz octa-core CPU, a 5-inch 1080p touchscreen, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of built-in storage, a 13MP rear and 5MP rear cameras.
9. Moto X+1 – the long-time rumored, and improved, version of the popular Moto X smartphone.
We expect to see two Windows Phone 8.1 devices in Germany:
10. Nokia Lumia 730 – the low-cost “selfie” phone.
11. Nokia Lumia 830 – solid mid-ranger with great camera.
12. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – latest Note will have all the latest bells and whistles, including the fast quad/octa core chip, 16MP camera with Optical Image Stabilization, 3 or even 4 GB of RAM, Quad HD screen, and so on and on.
13. Samsung Gear VR – The Google Cardboard-like device that adds some additional hardware elements to the mix. Hence, users will likely be required to pay a (hefty?) premium to get the “most immersive virtual reality experience” ever. Or something of that sort.
The Japanese company is up for a big show in Berlin and may unveil up to 5 or 6 new devices, most (if not all) will be water-proof.
14. Sony SmartWatch 3 – the Android Wear-powered smart watch. Water- and dust-proof.
15. Sony SmartBand Talk – fitness tracker with an e-ink “kind of screen.”
16. Sony Xperia Z3 – the company’s latest flagship that has the Xperia Z2-like hardware. It will be thinner and sexier, though.
17. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – this could be the best Mini/Compact phone ever. Rumored specs include Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, 2GB of RAM and other high-end components.
18. Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact – an 8- or 9-inch tablet with sexy lines. From what I’ve understood, there won’t be the “regular” Xperia Z3 Tablet.
In addition, visitors to the IFA show will also be able to play to already announced hardware, including LG’s new L-series devices, LG G3 Stylus, HTC Desire 510, as well as the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S.
If we missed anything, please don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below. Or you can tell use which of these gadgets you’re looking to buy. Rock on.