The HTC Desire Eye and RE Camera are set to go on sale from AT&T on November 7th. The Desire Eye will cost $550 outright, $150 with a two-year contract, $27.50 a month for 12 months or $22.92 a month for 18 months. The HTC RE Camera will cost $200 on its own or $150 when purchased with the HTC Desire Eye.
The HTC Desire Eye features two 13MP cameras, on the front and one on the back. The smartphone runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and features a Snapdragon 801 chipset with a quad-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz and a design similar to that of the HTC One M8.
HTC’s RE Camera is a periscope shaped standalone camera with a 16MP sensor. The device can store videos onboard or connect to a nearby smartphone to save videos and photos to the cloud. The RE features time-lapse and slow motion settings, and is ready to jump into action at a moment’s notice.
Both the Desire Eye and the RE Camera will be available in AT&T retail stores and online beginning November 7th.
Stay in the Spotlight this Holiday Season with the HTC Desire® EYE, Available Exclusively at AT&T on Nov. 7
DALLAS, Nov. 3, 2014 – Get the Desire EYE and RE by HTC in time for the holidays. AT&T1 today confirmed that the HTC Desire EYE and RE will be available for purchase beginning Nov. 7 at www.att.com and in AT&T retail stores.
Purchase the HTC Desire EYE in Coral Reef (white) for $0 down on an AT&T Next plan for $22.92 per month on AT&T Next 182 or $27.50 per month on AT&T Next 12.2 You can also get the smartphone for $149.99 with a two-year agreement3 or at no annual commitment for $549.99.4
Additionally, customers can save $50 on a RE by HTC, a 16MP point and shoot camera, when they purchase the HTC Desire EYE on an AT&T Next plan or a two-year agreement.
“Optimized for taking selfies, HTC Desire EYE is AT&T’s first smartphone with a 13MP front-facing camera and a dual LED flash,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Device Marketing and Developer Services, AT&T. “Both HTC Desire EYE and RE have many great features that allow you to capture your moments – all on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network,6covering more than 300 million Americans.”
HTC Desire EYE comes outfitted with a powerful 2.3 GHz Quad-Core processor, a 2400mAh battery, 16GB of on-board storage7 and up to 128GB additional storage with a microSD™ card (sold separately).
Check out the AT&T Mobile Minute for HTC Desire EYE. Additional key features include:
- Picture Perfect: With a front and rear facing 13MP camera, capture high-resolution moments and see them on an immense 5.2-inch full High Definition display (1080p); the quintessential smartphone for taking selfies. You can also capture more background and wider group shots with an 88 degree front-facing wide-angle lens, complemented with full-power dual LED flash.
- Video Camera for Every Move: Equipped with hands-free face-tracking, dynamic cropping, and noise cancellation, the HTC Desire EYE keeps you in frame and in the spotlight, following you where you go. With your face and upper body always in-frame and presented in the best light during video chats, people can clearly focus on you and hear you instead of being distracted by background action and noise.
- Immersive BoomSound™ Audio: For powerful and balanced sound, the HTC Desire EYE comes with HTC BoomSound dual front-facing stereo speakers. Plus a built-in amplifier boosts volume projected toward you.
For additional information, visit www.att.com/DesireEye.
The HTC Desire EYE earned four out of five stars on AT&T’s Eco-Rating system. The system, which rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices, was created to empower consumer choice around sustainability. For more information about this device’s rating, AT&T’s Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit http://att.com/ecospace.
RE, a point and shoot camera, comes with a 16MP camera sensor with a 146 degree wide-angle lens, and effortlessly integrates with your smartphone and user settings to automatically back up your photos and videos to the cloud.9 An 820mAh rechargeable battery supports 1 hour and 40 minutes of continuous 1080p High Definition recording capability.10 Additional key features include:
- Intuitive Controls: Just grab, point and shoot with RE’s intuitive controls. The grip sensor is always on and wakes the capture capability when you pick it up. Tap the shutter button to capture photos or press and hold to take videos.
- Cloud Back-up and Easy Sharing: RE can integrate with Android and iOS devices to back up your photos and videos to the cloud so you can access and share them anywhere. Use the RE app to connect your smartphone to back up your content to third-party cloud services such as Google Drive and Dropbox.9
- Waterproof: RE is IPX7-compliant11 meaning you can capture photos and videos up to one meter underwater for 30 minutes without a protective case.
- Cinematic Features: Time-lapse and slow motion options give you the tools to capture your world in your own way.
– See more at: http://about.att.com/story/stay_in_the_spotlight_this_holiday_season_with_the_htc_desire_eye_available_exclusively_at_att_on_nov_7.html#sthash.5O5Rn2fa.dpuf