AT&T will begin preorders for the Nexus 6 tomorrow, November 12th. The Googly handset will cost $249 with a new two-year contract or $682.99 outright. The Nexus 6 will also be available for purchase using one of AT&T’s Next payment plans for $0 down and varying monthly payments. Here’s how pricing for the Nexus 6 breaks down:
Next 24 – $22.77 per month
Next 18 – $28.46 per month
Next 24 – $22.77 per month
So far AT&T is only mentioning the Midnight Blue Nexus 6, so there’s no telling if the carrier will sell the Cloud White version in the future. There’s also no mention of when the Nexus 6 will ship, but it should arrive within a few weeks after the preorders begin.
Check out the press release below for more information.
AT&T Announces Nov. 12 Preorders for the Nexus 6 with Android 5.0 Lollipop
DALLAS, Nov. 11, 2014 – AT&T1 announced today that its first Nexus device, the Nexus 6 , with Android 5.0 Lollipop, will be available for preorders beginning Wednesday, Nov. 12, at www.att.com and in AT&T retail stores.
You can get the Nexus 6 in Midnight Blue for $0 down with AT&T Next for $22.77 per month with AT&T Next 24,2 $28.46 per month with AT&T Next 183 or $34.15 per month with AT&T Next 12.3 You can also purchase Nexus 6 for $249.99 with a two-year agreement4 or $682.99 with no annual commitment.5
New and existing AT&T customers who activate a new line of service on AT&T NextSM can choose to save $50 on the Moto 360, Moto Hint or Moto Sliver II6 when purchasing a Nexus 6 on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network,7 covering more than 300 million Americans.
“The Nexus 6 with Android 5.0 Lollipop is the first Nexus device to join AT&T’s leading device portfolio,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Mobile Devices, AT&T. “The power of the nation’s most reliable network, covering more than 300 million Americans, paired with the collective innovation from Google and Motorola make this device a winning combination for AT&T customers.”
“We’re excited to collaborate with Motorola and AT&T to introduce customers nationwide to Nexus 6 with Android 5.0, Lollipop, Google’s biggest software release yet,” said Hiroshi Lockheimer, VP, Engineering for Android.
Designed by Google and Motorola, you can now enjoy a larger smartphone from Nexus, equipped with a 6-inch Quad High Definition display, a 3220mAh battery and a 13MP rear-facing camera. Additional key features include:
- Best of Google: Shipping with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 gives you the latest Android updates from Google. This means you’ll have the newest version of Android to enjoy the latest features and enhancements including a new Material Design aesthetic, where colors are bold, animations are fluid, and shapes are richly textured. Heads-up alerts notify you of calls and messages and allow you to act on, or dismiss, them without interrupting what you’re doing. Easily switch back and forth between Chrome tabs and apps such as email and music to browse the mobile web more easily.
- More Doing, Less Charging: Android 5.0 Lollipop provides you with power-saving features to get the most out of your battery based on your personal usage. Equipped with a large 3220mAh battery, the Nexus 6 enables you to go longer and charge quicker. Charging is lightning fast, allowing you to quickly boost your battery life by 6 hours with only 15 minutes of charge time.8
- More Epic Shots: Capture almost any moment with Nexus 6, which is outfitted with a 13MP rear-facing camera with Optical Image Stabilization, a dual LED ring flash and a 2MP front-facing camera. Using HDR+, the pre-installed Google Camera allows you to take photos effortlessly.
- Immersive Stereo Sound: Nexus 6 comes with dual front-facing stereo speakers that provide immersive sound, giving you a great audio experience for movies, music and games.
AT&T is focused on giving our customers a top-notch experience through fast and friendly service. Being recognized as the highest ranked wireless provider for overall purchasing experience by J.D. Power,9 for the third time in a row, shows this commitment to the customer experience is making a difference. AT&T outperformed competitors in the J.D. Power 2014 Volume 2 study and received the “Highest Satisfaction with the Purchase Experience among Full-Service Wireless Providers, Three Times in a Row.”
For more information about Nexus 6, visit att.com/nexus6.
– See more at: http://about.att.com/story/att_announces_nov_12_preorders_for_the_nexus_6_with_android_5_0_lollipop.html#sthash.OvIlN93m.dpuf