- Category: Navigation
- Released date: 01/06/2009
- Current Version: 4.0.0
- Seller: Xample Sarl
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 25443331
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Air Navigation is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the iPhone it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map. Using the flight recorder, you can store your flight path and altitude and display it in Google Earth.
FOR COMPLETE PRODUCT INFORMATION/USER MANUAL CHECK OUR WEBSITE AT http://www.xample.ch
Instruments are fullscreen and have a dark background (map can be switched to night or day operation) for easy readability in the cockpit during day or night operation.
It contains a database of basically most navaids and airfields in the world (more than 100000 waypoints). The database is embedded and you can use it offline without an Internet connection.
Track, course, bearings can be displayed as magnetic or true
The waypoint editor allows you to add your own custom airfields, navaids or waypoints to the database.
Flight and block time are detected automatically together with departure and arrival airport and stored in the logbook. Flight log is fully editable and can also be used manually.
- Moving map displaying navigation waypoints and airfields. Zoom in and out or pan using fingers. Airfield are displayed with direction of main runway.
- Downloadable, free of charge, map terrain feature (Water, roads, cities) for the whole world.
- Downloadable as in-app purchase US Sectional charts and european ICAO maps for most European countries
- Maptrax charts for Australia and New Zealand
- Contains airspaces information (A to F, CTR, danger, prohibited, etc) for Australia, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA, UAE, New Zealand
- Navigation plan editor with wind correction (display a vector on the map) with EET, dist, bearing of next waypoint
- Direct to waypoint (display a vector on the map) with EET, distance, bearing
- Instruments: HSI, VOR, ADF, Compass, Altimeter, groundspeed, slipball. (Instrument requiring a compass information works only when moving). Instruments can be set to any waypoint from the database including airfields, NDB's, your custom waypoints, etc.
- An embedded worldwide database with more than 54000 navigation waypoints and airfields. Database includes frequencies for naiads, frequencies and runways for most airfields.
- A magnetic declination database. Track, course, bearings can be set as magnetic or true
- A waypoint editor to enter your custom navigation points, airfields, navaids, fix and related information
- An embedded web server to import/export various data such as waypoints, flights, airspaces, navigation plans
- Customizable cockpit
- Customizable speed & distance units
An iPhone/iPod with a GPS is required to use realtime navigation modules. Internal GPS is disabled when the iPhone's "Airplane mode" is active. Works with external GPS kit for iPod touch and iPhone.
The accuracy of the navigation instruments is better when the iPhone has a clear view of the sky (near the front cockpit for ex.). It may take 1 to 3 minutes to acquire a good GPS signal..
Please note that this software is not intended to replace a certified navigation device. You should always use official aeronautical documentation when preparing and performing a flight. You should always use certified navigation devices when performing a flight.