- Category: Music
- Released date: 08/24/2010
- Current Version: 1.1
- Seller: Agile Partners Technologies, LLC
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 61026528
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
AmpKit is the ultimate amp and effects studio for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch*, with extensive recording, re-amping, audio copy & paste, and sharing capabilities. To enjoy the best possible tones with AmpKit, use AmpKit LiNK to connect your guitar or bass to your iPad/iPhone/iPod touch*.
Premier Guitar: "AmpKit is the most impressive amp modeling software that I've encountered for the iPhone."
Ars Technica: "Agile Partners' better hardware, beautiful graphics, abundance of effects, and the ability to use more than three effects simultaneously makes that application a winner in our book."
TUAW: "It sounds awesome! ... I've been having a blast."
CrunchGear: "AmpKit's guitar tones are great! From crushing distortion to kooky tremolo, there are many tones to choose from and it is easy to navigate through the options with speed and efficiency."
This free version of AmpKit comes with the following gear:
- Peavey ValveKing amp (clean and lead channels)
- Two ValveKing cabinets (4x12 and 1x12)
- Two pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer overdrive pedal)
- Two mics
An amazing array of additional gear, all modeled after real-world equipment, is available for purchase through AmpKit's in-app Gear Store, for a total of:
- 13 amps (with 21 distinct amp channels), each modeled after the actual circuitry of amplifiers from leading manufacturers.
- 18 effects pedals, including tremolo, distortion, fuzz, reverb, delay, 10-band EQ, octaver, flanger, phaser, vibrato, chorus, compressor, and an all-in-one envelope filter + auto-wah + manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- 13 cabinets
- 8 mics
- More than double the number of components of other apps, with more gear on the way!
- Superior, realistic tone quality, modeled after the circuits of actual gear.
- Support for true high-gain operation of amps and pedals, not watered-down substitutes.
- Highly optimized to run on all iOS devices, including the original iPhone.
- Takes full advantage of more powerful iOS devices - run a dozen or more effects at once!
- Ability to place pedals before and after the amp, enabling major enhancements to audio quality.
- Mic positioning control.
- Ultra-low latency.
- AmpKit is a universal app supporting iPad, iPhone and iPod touch*, all with intuitive user interfaces, at no extra cost.
- iPad features include full rotation support, highly effective use of the larger display, amazing new iPad-specific amp and pedal artwork, and much more.
- 75 great predefined amp / pedal presets.
- Create and save an unlimited number of your own custom setups, with Favorites and Locking.
- Share your favorite setups with friends via email.
- Advanced recording: AmpKit creates both “dry” (guitar signal before effects are applied) and “wet” (guitar signal with effects applied) recordings.
- Ability to "re-amp": re-record a previous session, applying a new amp and pedals setup.
- Audio Copy & Paste: copy AmpKit recordings and paste them in other apps, such as multi-track mixing / mastering apps
- Paste audio from other apps into AmpKit, a great solution for multi-track recording.
- Instant access to your complete iPod music library so you can jam along.
- Download AmpKit recordings to your computer, email recordings, or share using SoundCloud.
- The same high-precision tuner and metronome technology used in GuitarToolkit.
Follow AmpKit on Twitter @AmpKit and Facebook.com/AmpKit