WHAT IS GEOCACHING?
Geocaching is a global treasure hunting game. Participants hide & seek hidden physical containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share their adventures online. Find out more about geocaching at Geocaching.com.
OVER 1,400,000 GEOCACHES HIDDEN WORLDWIDE!
"Worth Every Penny!" by Don Presley
"By far my most used app!" by ptoto
"Geocaching with iPhone is fantastic!" by macpug
"My little girl thinks she's Dora the Explorer" by Roy Jones
"Anyone can geocache now!" by Seasnoboarder
Groundspeak's Geocaching Application provides real-time, direct access to Geocaching.com's database of worldwide geocaches, as well as many other features designed to provide you with a lifetime of outdoor geocaching adventure anywhere in the world!
APPLICATION FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Direct access to over 1,400,000 geocaches around the world including description, hint, attributes, gallery photos, trackable items, and recent logs
- Ability to log geocaches and trackable item finds and submit field notes to geocaching.com
- Search by current location (iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4G), address, home coordinates or geocache lookup code
- Save geocache listings, including maps and photos for quick retrieval and offline use
- Filter hides and finds from search results using your geocaching.com account
- Navigate to geocaches with a simulated compass arrow (iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 only)
- Look up trackable item details, including item goals and descriptions, while on the trail
- Access recently generated geocaching pocket queries (geocaching.com Premium Members only)
- Embedded web browser for viewing geocache web pages on geocaching.com without leaving the application.
- Visual indications of Premium, Inactive, and Found geocaches
- All basic information for viewed geocaches, including maps, is cached on the device automatically.
- Sort geocache lists by the order in which they were saved.
-Browse photo gallery and attributes for geocaches.
-Google Maps integration
-Ability to take photos and submit them with geocache logs.
-Ability to submit logs for Trackable Items
-Logs tab - Displays pending and sent logs with status and editing available
-Enhanced Pocket Query download reliability
-Enhanced offline capability
-iPod Music available while using application
-Home location support: please specify home location in your geocaching.com profile to benefit from this feature
-Notepad for each geocache listing which saves any text you type
-Viewing any list of caches on map is now possible
-Viewing your Trackable inventory is possible
NEW in Version 4.5:
-Advanced Search Filter
Filtered search by Location, Cache Type, Keyword, Difficulty/Terrain, Exclude my finds, Exclude friend's finds, Premium Caches
-Sync Personal Cache notes between the geocaching website and your iPhone
-Create multiple offline cache lists to plan outings; useful when you may be traveling outside network coverage
-Numerous bug fixes to improve performance and reliability
GEOCACHING IS FOR YOU!
If you like hiking, biking, camping, traveling, you are going to love real world treasure hunting with Geocaching! There are geocaches hidden all over the world for every member of the family to enjoy. So, get out there and play!
We have more great features in the works for the next version of this application.
We hope you love Geocaching! If you have any trouble at all with this application, please email: [email protected]
Please keep the suggestions coming and we will continue delivering the very best of geocaching for your iPhone and iPod Touch.