- Category: Weather
- Released date: 03/11/2010
- Current Version: 8.1.2
- Seller: homedatasheet.com, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 689916
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
iDamage pushes storm damage reports originating from trained spotters, emergency responders, and members of the public to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (in native resolution). If you chase tornados, hail, or high winds for a living, or volunteer to assist your community during severe weather events, or just want to improve your situational awareness on days when storms might pop up, iDamage is the app for you.
Here are its features:
- Push notification of storm events, oftentimes including very specific damage reports (Note: only one push notification at a time can be displayed, but you will have the option of opening iDamage to view all info). Coverage area includes the entire Contiguous (Lower 48) United States.
- User-configurable filters allow you to receive notifications for the entire Contiguous US, an entire state, a local area, and/or for specific types of severe weather (tornado, hail, high wind). Use the auto-location feature of your mobile device to set a filter if you are traveling and not sure of your general location.
- Map of storm events with color coded pins. Timeframes are 3-hr, full day, or archival (back to 29 Feb 2004). Touch any pin for access to details. iPod Touch users, data from your last view is cached for off-line use.
- List of storm events in table form. Touch any cell in the table for a single pin street or hybrid map view.
- Link to the "Maps" app on your home screen so you can get directions to the approximate location of severe weather events.
- Storm reports may now be e-mailed from within iDamage. Just touch a cell in the storm events table (accessed by pressing the Table button in Map View), then touch the E-mail button.
- 24 hour (with radar animation + watch boxes), 2-day, 3-day, and 4-8 day convective (thunderstorm) outlook with probability maps and technical discussion.
- Mesoscale discussions with maps
- Convective weather watches with maps.
- Local hazardous weather products (including watches and warnings), selectable by touching a location on a map or via auto-location.
- Combined radar frame/tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warning box display.
*** NOTE: Watches and warnings are NOT pushed. iDamage only pushes reports of storm events.
- 9 pm - 9 am silence switch in Settings view. Push notifications will visually display, but alert tones are silenced.
All weather data presented by iDamage is from the National Weather Service and not subject to copyright protection. homedatasheet.com, Inc. is not affiliated with the National Weather Service.