- Category: Music
- Released date: 06/13/2011
- Current Version: 1.1.0
- Seller: Continental Laboratories
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 18885289
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Instrumental is a Wi-Fi MIDI Virtual Control Surface
See the website for demonstration videos and the complete user manual.
Use your iPad with your favorite MIDI software (or hardware) as a 4x4 Drum Pad, Wicki-Hayden Hex-Keyboard, or full-feedback mixing desk.
Like a USB piano keyboard, except all the controls have full feedback, text readouts and dynamic labels, and you're not limited to just a piano layout. The Wicki-Hayden hexagonal layout is a great way to inspire your compositions.
Important Note: Instrumental does not make any sound on its own. It connects via Wi-Fi to MIDI software running on your computer, or you can use the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a USB-MIDI adaptor to connect Instrumental to real MIDI hardware.
Instrumental includes 6 highly configurable surfaces, all with plenty of configurable, labelled controls:
- a piano
- a wicki-hayden hexagonal keyboard
- a 4x4 drumpad
- a 16 channel mixer
- 2 completely generic pages for controlling random devices like equalizers, compressors and other effects.
Compatible with any MIDI software (or hardware), it works best when the controls are automatically labelled by the host software by sending MIDI SYSEX messages.
Drivers for Propellerhead's Reason and Record provide control maps for every Reason and Record device, with automatic control labels that update even when you override controls on the fly!
Controls can be manually labelled in a Control Map, or an Instrumental Preset, so you can still have nicely labelled controls for all your MIDI devices.
- modular control panels that can be swapped around quickly and easily
- all controls can have labels and text readouts provided by the host, or edited on the fly
- all controls have feedback from the host, so you know exactly where everything is set
- supports the QB Conductor Protocol for reliable low-latency MIDI over Wi-Fi. Conductor servers are available for both Mac and Windows.
- supports the Apple Network MIDI Protocol, available on every Mac.
- use the iPad Camera Connection Kit and a USB-MIDI adaptor to connect Instrumental to real MIDI hardware.
- connect multiple iPads to the same computer; have your whole band playing through one computer.
- musical layouts with customisable response curves
- much much more!
Instrumental was chosen as one of the best iOS Audio Apps by iDesignSound (http://www.idesignsound.com)