- Category: Utilities
- Released date: 01/14/2009
- Current Version: 4.92
- Seller: Eggman Technologies Inc.
- Recommended Age: 12+
- Download Size: 1658680
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
The #1 PAID APP in the United States and Japan (Dec 2009 - Jan 2010). It was knocked out of first place by Angry Birds in 2010. Over 1 million customers to date!
Contains more than 5000 public webcams all over the world. Many of them can be controlled with this app so you can move around, zoom in and take snapshots!
NOTE: PLEASE IGNORE REVIEWERS WHO CLAIM THIS APP IS FAKE. We don't know how they would expect us to fake the entire world in realtime. They are likely competitors who want their own applications to sell more than ours.
Live Cams has been in the #1 paid app in 20+ countries and has remained in the top 10 utilities for two years! It is the ORIGINAL public/private IP camera/webcam viewer with the ability to pan tilt and zoom supported devices. Over 95 manufacturers are supported in this single app!
Why buy separate apps to view and control your webcams, this one handles hundreds of models in one!
• Supports pan/tilt/zoom controls for many models including Foscam, Canon, Axis, Vivotek, Panasonic, webcamXP, TrendNet, Linksys, Sony, Toshiba, Airlink
• Retina display and multitasking support
• Customizable grid view with up to 12 cameras onscreen at a time!
• Mark cameras as favorites
• Save snapshots to your photo album
• Actual GPS locations for many cameras, not just "City" or "State"
• Pinch/expand for digital zoom, PTZ controls can handle the optical zoom for supported cameras
• Streaming video on Wifi from IP-based MJPEG cameras
• Auto-refresh still images are shown on cell networks
• iSight, Firewire, USB cameras for Mac OS are supported via EvoCam or SecuritySpy software
• USB/Firewire cameras from Windows are supported via WebcamXP and other 3rd party software
• Over 5000 public cameras found on the internet are included for free as samples to view for various models. Image quality and responsiveness is based on camera settings by the owner and the network load (# of users per camera). Cameras may be removed or disabled from the list at any time and are not under control by the author of this application.
CONSTANT updates to this app ever since it was first created (October 2008). We have over 40 updates to date. All future updates are free, forever with your purchase!
Do you own an IP camera or PC/Mac-based webcam that you use for home or business security?
Would you like to control your Pan/Tilt/Zoom device while at work, away on vacation or on business trips?
Add your own cameras into the app for viewing on 3G or Wifi and enjoy PTZ controls for supported models. The application stores information locally and nothing is ever posted to a server for others to hack. You may enter an unlimited number of cameras, either your own or public cameras found on the internet.
NOTE: Works best on Wifi connections.
Devices must output JPEG images or MJPEG streaming video to be compatible. Webcams on Mac and PCs require additional 3rd party software (like webcamXP or EvoCam). Audio is not currently supported for any models but may be added in the future. Performance and availability of public cameras fluctuate from day to day. We are charging for our private camera engine and not for the sample cameras included.
Please read our blog at:
If you like Live Cams, try Live Cams HD for iPad! Optimized for better display and menus, and higher resolution if your cameras support it!
Proudly made in London, Ontario, Canada.