MapProjector with Google Maps
- Category: Navigation
- Released date: 04/26/2010
- Current Version: 3.0.0
- Seller: Arnie Cachelin
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 2592262
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Present live maps and satellite imagery from ANY iPad to a TV or projector! Map projector lets you save multiple maps with landmarks, and present them on the big screen.
Live updates let you zoom and scroll your maps and add photos, pins or symbols to mark paths or points of interest with a title and caption, all while presenting your maps to a larger audience. A handy switch lets you stop the live display and restart it instantly, if you want to prepare in private.
And you don't need to connect to an external display to use MapProjector to build and manage maps and landmarks. You can save snapshots, email links to map and landmark markers, or use your free Google account to create cloud-based maps using Google's powerful Fusion Tables service section, to edit from any browser and share with whomever you choose.
To use MapProjector scroll the map around by dragging, pinch to zoom. Press and hold on a spot to drop a marker there. Define a range for any marker to display a circle on the map showing the locations within that distance.
Or press and hold with two fingers to add a marker for a Path. You can add any number of paths and move markers between them. And any path can display its title, total length, and the lengths of its segments.
- Create an unlimited number of maps with unlimited landmarks
- Ranges - Add a circle to any marker showing all the locations within an exact range of the marker
- Paths - Press and hold with two fingers to make a path with title, color and optional distance labels
- Photos - Import photos from your Photo Album using their own locations.
- Email map as embedded links to Google Maps for map and for each marker, no account required
- Export map with markers, ranges and paths to Google Fusion Tables account, where you can share edit and process your maps further.
- Display maps in 'Classic' map mode, Satellite image mode, or 'Hybrid' satellite image with markers mode
- Save snapshot of map to photo album with markers
- Fast navigation with marker list, jump to any marker on the map with a tap
- Support external video display using Apple Composite, Component or VGA video adaptor cables (not included with download...)
- AirPrint support - Print maps directly to supported printers
- Optional Current Location marker uses Location Services to find current location from WIFI, or with new iPad 3G models using real GPS hardware
- Easy to use. MapProjector says what it does, does what it says
- Location Search - Find places using Google's forward geocoding by just typing in a name. Choose from the results to create a marker automatically
- Online Help - MapProjector is easy to use, but a little help can't hurt