- Category: Medical
- Released date: 01/25/2010
- Current Version: 1.2.1
- Seller: Anatomate-apps
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 51864628
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
mLumbarDegenerativeDiscDisease is a series of 3D animation and text movies with English voice-over, each with an image library from the movie, that introduce the complicated pathology of lumbar spine degenerative disc disease using easy to understand 3D anatomically accurate animated movies.
mLumbarDegenerativeDiscDisease is designed to be used by anyone seeking an introductory understanding of lumbar spine degenerative disc disease.
mLumbarDegenerativeDiscDisease is part of the Lumbar Spine Library of patient education applications.
Receiving text descriptions or still image education about complicated three-dimensional pathology is inefficient and often ineffective. This is especially so for newcomers to human anatomy and pathology.
mLumbarDegenerativeDiscDisease provides an accurate, easy to understand introduction to lumbar degenerative disc disease. Tap on the movie’s name to play the movie. Tap on the blue circle to see the image library. Tap on the movie screen to reveal the movie scroll and audio volume control bars. Examine some sample movies on our website at www.anatomate-apps.net/LumbarSpineLibrary/mLumbarDegenerativeDiscDisease.aspx#samples
• more detailed education (anatomically correct with 3D orientation views) without the disadvantages of real tissues (small images, restricted position orientation, unclear structure differentiation by colour or texture, blood)
• improved treatment understanding, compliance, outcomes and satisfaction
The movies include -
• Compressive Forces - discusses the compressive forces applied to the spine during movement.
• Discs Weakened by - discusses the factors that can weaken the intervertebral discs’ ability to withstand the compressive forces.
• Minor Disc Injuries - discusses how excessive forces applied to the back can cause minor injuries to the intervertebral discs.
• Degeneration - discusses how repeated stresses and injuries can cause wear and tear on the discs and joints of the back.
• Annulus Tears - discusses how small annulus tears can accumulate to weaken the annulus fibrosus of the intervertebral disc.
• Disc Collapse - shows how nucleus damage and dehydration leads to intervertebral disc height collapse.
• Vertebral Body Lipping - shows how vertebral body osteophytes or lipping forms.
• Facet Joint Mal-alignment - shows how facet joint mal-alignment leads to facet joint degenerative arthritis.
• Facet Joint Osteophytes - shows how a facet joint osteophyte can compress the adjacent spinal cord and nerve root.
• Ligamentum Hypertrophy - shows how stress on the ligamentum flava causes ligamentum hypertrophy. When combined with ligamentum sagging caused by intervertebral disc height collapse, the ligamentum can cause spinal canal stenosis.
• Summary - summarizes the degenerative disc disease processes of disc collapse and bulging, vertebral body lipping, facet joint osteophytes, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and spondylolisthesis.
• Pain Control - discusses the irreversibility of degenerative disc disease, and the option of pain control.
• Conservative Treatment - discusses the conservative (non-surgical) treatment options for degenerative disc disease.
• Surgery Indications - discusses the indications for surgery in degenerative disc disease and mentions some surgical options.
image library for each movie
movies reside on device for instant access