Montessori Approach To Geography HD - United States of America
- Category: Education
- Released date: 11/18/2010
- Current Version: 1.5
- Seller: Daniel Wickremasinghe
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 38668049
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
*** Recommended by www.IEAR.org as a great app to teach children the fifty states!! ***
Visit us at www.mobilemontessori.org.
Learn the names and locations of all the fifty states in America with this app that complements the geography materials used in the Montessori Classroom!
In Lesson #1 learn the names and locations of the states:
Touch a state in the filmstrip to change the featured state on the page. Touch the speaker button to hear the correct pronunciation of the state name and touch the compass button to see the state highlighted on the map! The map itself follows the same color scheme used for the physical materials in the Montessori classroom.
In Lessons #2 & 3 assemble the complete United States puzzle with pieces that are exact replicas of the physical Montessori materials:
In the first puzzle map lesson children have to look for the state puzzle piece that is blinking on the map. When they touch the correct piece it will move into position on the map and the state name can be heard aloud.
In the second puzzle map lesson children have to look for the state puzzle piece that corresponds to the state name shown at the top. For children who cannot read, the state name at the top can be touched to hear the name aloud for them to find the corresponding state.
This Montessori application was co-developed and approved by an AMI certified, Montessori Teacher with over forty years experience.
We sincerely thank you for your downloads and suggestions! We have plenty more Montessori apps on the way! In the meantime, please see our existing educational apps:
- A Montessori Sensorial Exercise - Pink Tower: Assemble up to twelve patterns with the famous pink tower!
- A Montessori Approach to Math - Hundred Board: Practice counting from 1 to 100 as you complete the hundred board!
- A Montessori Approach to Vocabulary - Animals: Learn to identify and name the animals!
- A Montessori Pre-Language Exercise - Opposites: Learn to distinguish between big & small, tall & short, etc.
We sincerely thank you for your support of our Montessori applications and hope you enjoy this one!
*** Please note, there are no missing states as one of the reviews indicates. ***