Nervous System - iPad edition
- Category: Medical
- Released date: 05/27/2010
- Current Version: 1.4
- Seller: 3D4Medical.com
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 38149435
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
This app has been designed specifically for the iPad. It is a must have app for anyone studying anatomy and is aimed at students with a basic to middle level of anatomical medical knowledge as well as medical professionals. It is far more interactive than flash cards with several amazing features (see below) and has an interactive quiz section for testing your knowledge of the nervous system.
NOTE: This application covers the nervous system that serves the body wall and extremities. This application does not cover the autonomic or visceral nervous system.
• Ability to zoom in and identify parts of the brain, any nerve region or nerve.
• Ability to rotate the nerve or region for anterior, lateral, posterior and medial views, inferior and superior views are available where appropriate.
• Over 250 high-quality 3-Dimensional images.
• Over 850 flags that label nerves.
• Anatomical descriptions of 800 labelled parts.
• Labels in both English and Latin.
• A dual index that can search in both English and Latin.
• Ability to test yourself with a fun Quiz function.
• Change background color from black to white and vice-versa.
• A 'Home' button that takes the user back to the start screen.
• No internet connection required.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality 3D model/image of the full nervous system. The user can zoom in to any area - by tapping on a region - tapping again will zoom in further - eventually the user will have zoomed into a individual nerve or nerve region. The user can then identify the different parts by pressing on the flags. Each label is in English and in Latin and by pressing on the 'i' icon the user can access additional information on a label. There is also a super Magnification Mode that greatly magnifies a nerve part allowing the user to press on flags that are close together!
The application can also be used as a visual reference tool by using the index: By simply selecting an English or Latin name from the index - the application will show the user where it is located - by zooming into the appropriate region and finding and labeling the item you requested.
Throughout the app - even while zooming in - the user can get different anatomical views: anterior, lateral, posterior, medial and even inferior and superior where appropriate.
This is a handy and fun testing section - the user is asked which area they would like to be tested on - and then the application asks them to zoom in and identify a particular nerve. If after three attempts the user is unable to identify the nerve - he/she can ask the app to show them.