- Category: Travel
- Released date: 06/02/2010
- Current Version: 1.2.1
- Seller: The New York Times Company (iDP)
- Recommended Age: 12+
- Download Size: 6179160
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
The Scoop is a guide to New York City from the staff of The New York Times. Here's how it works: we give you lists of our favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, stores, events, experiences and day trips. You go out and have fun. Check off the places you've been and share what you've done with friends.
New York is one of the greatest cities on earth. Make the most of it!
* Restaurants - The Sifty Fifty: Sam Sifton, The Times’s restaurant critic, shares his 50 favorite restaurants in New York.
* Bars - The Top Shelf: Pete Wells, our Dining Editor, and Steven Stern, a Dining contributor, share their current favorite bars.
* Coffee Shops - Bottomless Cup: Oliver Strand, a Dining section contributor, curates a list of notable coffee shops.
* Only in New York: Critics, editors and reporters share their favorite New York experiences and outings.
* Day Trips: Critics, editors and reporters share their favorite outings and excursions outside the five boroughs.
* Home Furnishings: A list of our favorite home décor stores from the reporters and editors of the Home section and T Magazine.
* Shopping: The editors of T Magazine and the Styles section share some of their favorite places to shop for clothes and accessories.
* Events: A selection of performances, events, shows and other happenings in the coming week.
* Search for recommendations that are nearby.
* Search or filter lists to find what you’re looking for.
* Keep track of what you have done.
* Share what you've done or what you plan to do with your friends, via e-mail of text message, Facebook, Twitter or Foursquare.
* Browse suggestions even when you don't have a signal.