- Category: Entertainment
- Released date: 08/31/2010
- Current Version: 1.1
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 4176503
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
The Plex application allows you to use your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to browse and play your media (video, photos and music) using the Plex Media Server installed on your Mac or PC. In addition, you can view online media from a variety of sources. If you have Aperture, iPhoto, or iTunes installed you can also stream the content to your mobile device.
★★★ YOU MUST HAVE THE PLEX/NINE MEDIA SERVER INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM MEDIA ★★★
The application also functions as a full-featured remote for the Plex Media Center application.
The media is streamed directly from your Mac or PC, and there is no need to convert before viewing. You can stream over the Internet over 3G, but you will need to set up port forwarding to do so.
★★★ YOU MUST BE SAVVY ENOUGH TO CONFIGURE PORT FORWARDING ON YOUR ROUTER ★★★
• Any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iPhone OS 3.1 or higher.
• An Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.5 or later, or a Windows machine running Windows XP or later.
• The Plex Media Server, which is part of the Plex Media Center, available at http://www.plexapp.com
• In order to transcode to 720p (on the iPad and iPhone 4), you need at least a 2.2GHz processor.
Also note that streaming of DRM-protected content such as older music from the iTunes store, or video files purchased from iTunes, is not supported. Additionally, playing VIDEO_TS content and .ISO files is not supported.