- Category: Healthcare & Fitness
- Released date: 08/03/2010
- Current Version: 1.0.6
- Seller: Men's Health Magazine
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 13878861
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Runner’s World, the world’s leading running magazine, is now on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth features; training, nutrition, and injury-prevention advice; and gear reviews—plus exclusive audio, video, photo slideshows, quizzes, and much more.
AUGUST ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE! (Free 46-page preview; full issue $4.99)
• The Heat Is On: Running (and racing) in high temps means more than hydrating properly. A summertime survival guide.
• Fastinistas!: Enabled by apparel companies, female runners are grabbing attention (and PRs) in sassy and stylish athletic wear.
• Inner Workings—Race Fees: Are today’s road races overpriced—or undervalued? The results of this RW analysis might surprise you.
• Runner’s World Challenge—Your First Half: Anxious about running 13.1 miles? Here’s the mental and training support you’ll need.
• The Running Bartender: The twin passions of Tommy Leonard’s life—running and beer—ultimately gave birth to a third: the Falmouth Road Race.
• In the Human Race section: Two high school friends stick together—even on runs.
• In the Training section: Get fit, fast, and more focused by setting a goal for the day.
• In the Fuel section: Make tasty recovery meals in just 20 minutes—no cooking needed.
• In the Mind + Body section: How to handle hecklers and other road irritants.
• In the Gear section: Stylish, comfortable shades.
• In the Races & Places section: New England’s Run Gloucester! sports ocean views.
• Columns: Elisha Cooper writes about how spotting a runner more fanatical than you can make you seem normal (Life & Times), while Peter Sagal explains why runners enjoy the pain that comes with going really long (Road Scholar).
• I’m a Runner: Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves talks about when he started running, his current weekly mileage, and much more.
• Bonus videos
… and much more.
Now available for the iPhone! In landscape mode, view the entire issue of Runner’s World as it appears in print. Flip to portrait mode to browse using a custom Table of Contents mode and read iPhone-optimized versions of articles, columns, and recipes, complete with photo slideshows, videos, and Twitter/Facebook capabilities.
If you've previously purchased an issue on the iPad, it'll be available for free download in the iPhone edition.
Exclusive Runner’s World videos take you behind the scenes of our photo shoots and editorial features, plus show you proper training and exercise routines along with extra insight into recommended gear.
View full-screen photos, including exclusive images not included in the print version of RW or online at runnersworld.com.
All RW articles can be read in text-optimized mode, allowing you to customize the font size and type.
SHARE AND INTERACT
Like a story you read in Runner’s World? Built-in support for Facebook and Twitter allows you to easily share RW content.
You can also go beyond the story with editors’ blogs, Twitter feeds, and Facebook pages. Reach out to Jeff Galloway, Bart Yasso, Kristin Armstrong, and other RW experts and contributors directly from the app.