★ A guide to top attractions & local secrets ★ Whether you're visiting Seattle--or living there happily--Seattle *Essential* includes everything you need to know about every place you want to go.
This app covers the most popular sightseeing highlights--from the tippy-top of the Space Needle to the cobweb-hung alleys on the Underground Tour. It features the best-known museums and attractions, as well as the city's parks, theater companies, sports teams, memorable places to eat, and oddball local icons (meet The Troll).
Attractions appeal to all interests--from family favorites to historical sights, mountain hikes to wine tastings. Users can search listings by name, neighborhood, or cost. Descriptions convey the feel of each locale--as well as practical details such as hours and admission fees. Get a sneak peak before you go--with gorgeous photos not available anywhere else.
For travelers, Seattle *Essential* highlights the best the city offers. If you live in Seattle, you'll gain new appreciation for places you take for granted… and inspiration to visit places you've been meaning to see for years.
Seattle *Essential* includes:
• Best attractions: More than 170 listings cover the must-see sights. Destinations come alive with vivid descriptions and fascinating facts.
• FREE attractions: More than 50 places to go and things to do that won't cost you nada, zilch, a penny.
• Hidden Gems: Even long-time Seattleites may not know these secret places--Japanese gardens, historic movie theaters, and designer clothes consignment boutiques.
• Exciting Photos: See each locale before you visit. Every location is illustrated with photos (nearly 1,000 total in this version--with more to come!).
• Insider Tips: Free tours, free museum hours, even free sails on Lake Union--this app shares them all.
• Best restaurants--in all price ranges: Seattle is an acronym for "Let's eat!" Author/creator Risa Wyatt writes about food and wine for magazines such as Wine Enthusiast. She believes every meal should offer great food--and value for the money.
• Wine Tasting Recommendations: A guide to the best wine bars in Seattle--and best tasting rooms at Woodinville wineries.
• GPS Maps & Directions: Get where you want to go fast. The app includes Google maps--plus walking and driving directions--plus taxi fares for each entry.
Seattle *Essential* is:
• Easy-to-Use: You can sort by name, category, neighborhood, cost, or distance from your location.
• Fast & Convenient: With one touch you can telephone places or load their websites.
• Interactive: What are your own favorite Seattle places, hidden oases, and don't-miss attractions? Share your ideas with the new get-a-response-from-us comment support.
Please understand that Seattle *Essential* is geared to sightseeing--we don't cover hotels, nightlife, or special events.
★ About the Author ★
Risa Wyatt has been a travel, food, and wine journalist for more than 20 years. Before moving to the Emerald City in 2006, she frequently visited and wrote about it for magazines, newspapers, and websites around the world. She loves exploring her new hometown, especially favorite places such as the Washington Park Arboretum, Seward Park, and the Woodland Park Zoo.
In Seattle *Essential*, Risa gives an insider's view from an outsider's perspective.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - [email protected]