- Category: Weather
- Released date: 03/21/2011
- Current Version: 1.1
- Seller: egrafic
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 3220453
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Solar Monitor Pro turns your iPad into a real-time space weather laboratory. Watch solar flares in HD and enjoy the latest images of the Sun from NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory. Use precise measuring instruments combined with a multifunction display to observe every minute updated solar wind speed, interplanetary magnetic field and many other space weather indices. Once a major solar flare or a geomagnetic storm occurs, you immediately get a message via push notification service and the activity status lights up in yellow or red color. Change device orientation to get more details like daily forecasts, reports and alerts. Use Telescope to view coronal mass ejections and browse through the latest LASCO C2/C3 images (Large Angle and Spectrometric Coronagraph) from SOHO spacecraft. Activate auto-play mechanism to follow energetic bursts of solar wind plasma. Explore more than a dozen charts and plots such as X-Ray Flux, Planetary K-Index, Electron Flux, Magnetometer, Total Electron Content, STEREO Ahead/Behind, Calibrated Far-side Map, Soft X-Ray, Auroral Oval etc.
• Enjoy stunning near real-time images of the Sun (1400x1400 pixels).
• Track 1-minute space weather indices: x-ray flux, kp-index, solar wind speed, density, sunspot number, 10.7cm flux, dynamic pressure, IMF Bz & Btotal.
• Stay up to date with push notification service for x-ray and geomagnetic field alerts.
• Get access to precise measuring instruments combined with a multifunction display.
• Use LASCO Animation to observe coronal mass ejections.
• Change device orientation to see more details and different information.
• Explore more than a dozen charts and plots - updated around the clock.
• Personalize your settings and choose between light and dark background.
• View history logs to track 12-hr maximum values and past events.