- Category: Utilities
- Released date: 08/17/2009
- Current Version: 3.6
- Seller: Matthew Gallagher
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1559952
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Use StreamToMe on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to play *video*, *music* and *photo* files streamed over WiFi or 3G from your Mac or Windows PC. No prior conversion or syncing required (huge number of formats supported without conversion) just tap the file and it plays. Using TV out cables (iPhone4 or newer) or an Apple TV (with iPhone3Gs or newer), StreamToMe can play through your TV, turning your iPhone/iPod/iPad plus your Mac/PC into a home media center for all your files.
** FEATURES **
- Huge number of formats supported without prior conversion
- Video replay up to HD quality 720p on the iPad and iPhone 4
- Continuous, single and random playlist modes
- iTunes library integration; browse your iTunes files and playlists
- iPhoto library integration (when running server from Mac)
- Play all your music, display album art
- Play through folders or use your iTunes playlists
- TV out via the Apple Component, Composite and VGA cables (iPhone4 or newer)
- SRT, SSA and SUB files plus embedded subtitles
- Background audio on iOS 4.1 (requires iPhone 3Gs or newer)
- AirPlay audio and video support (video requires iPhone 3Gs or newer and iOS 4.3+)
**NO NEED TO CONVERT OR SYNC**
Why bother converting your stuff to an iPhone/iPod size or iPad format before you can view it? Syncing files to your iOS device is a pain.
StreamToMe's companion program *ServeToMe*, which runs on your Mac or PC, does that for you. StreamToMe users can download ServeToMe for free from http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome
ServeToMe converts the files to an iPhone/iPad-friendly format *on-the-fly*, so a single touch will start playback on your device in as little as 5 seconds.
**UP TO HD QUALITY**
You can stream movies up to HD quality (720p) over WiFi to your iPhone 4 or iPad from most recent Macs and PCs.
On other iPhones or iPod Touch up to 480p.
- *Movie files*: in MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, MKV, WMV and more formats
- *Music files* in MP3, AAC, FLAC, ALAC, M4A and more formats.
- *Photo files* in JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF (RAW files are not supported)
You can *pause and seek* through the file on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad as though it were actually on your device.
**WiFi or 3G**
Stream over 3G anywhere from your Mac/PC to your iPhone/iPod/iPad. You can watch your movies, listen to your music wherever you are. Use a dynamic DNS address to find your computer and *stream away*.
**WHAT YOU NEED**
*StreamToMe* runs on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad so long as you use iOS 3.0 or greater.
You also need the free *ServeToMe* program running on either an Intel Mac (OS X 10.5 or later) or a PC with Pentium4 or greater running XP SP2, Vista or Windows. A 1.8Ghz Core 2 Duo or faster is recommended. PowerPC Macs are not supported.
ServeToMe is a *free program* that StreamToMe users can download from http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/servetome.html
StreamToMe requires a continuous connection between your Mac or PC and your iOS device. Network conditions may affect video quality or the ability to connect.
StreamToMe is a transcoding server and may require significant CPU power to perform transcoding. To play movies in 720p, a 2.4Ghz dual core CPU or better recommended. Pentium 4 and Atom CPU users should use the low video quality option in ServeToMe to avoid pauses and stalling while watching video.
Connecting from an external location (3G or non-local WiFi) requires UPnP/NAT-PMP or manual port forwarding on your router. Some configuration may be required (help at http://projectswithlove.com/streamtome/support_remote_connections.html).
StreamToMe/ServeToMe can stream authorized iTunes protected content by redirecting through the Safari app on your iOS device. StreamToMe/ServeToMe does NOT play back other DRM-protected audio or video formats.