"The combination of great learning activities, fun rewards, and performance tracking make this app a great choice for any parent looking to add another kid-friendly app to their phone."
View our screencast at http://TeachMeToddler.com
TeachMe: Toddler is different than most educational iPhone apps because it teaches six different age appropriate subjects: letters, abc phonics (letter sounds), numbers, shapes, colors and counting. Parents can choose which topics they want their child to learn, and can also set different difficulty levels for many of the subjects. Parents can review performance history for each subject to check on how their child is doing.
The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be toddler friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. An animated teacher (Mimi Mouse) gives verbal instructions and feedback to the child which makes learning fun.
TeachMe: Toddler keeps children engaged by giving rewards for correct answers. Correct answers will earn stickers which can be placed on one of three different backgrounds to create fun sticker scenes. Sticker scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends. An alternate reward system can be used where coins are earned instead of stickers. This allows parents to create their own external reward system (5 coins = a treat, 10 coins = a book, etc.).
• 4 different sticker reward scenes: beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city
• Over 70+ different stickers for adding to a scene
• Coins allow parents to create their own reward system
• Save learning information for up to four different children
• Select which subjects are displayed for each child
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker scene to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
• Letters: A-Z (uppercase), a-z (lowercase), A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• ABC Phonics: A-Z (uppercase), a-z (lowercase), A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• Numbers: 1-10, 1-20
• Shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, star, diamond, octagon, trapezoid
• Colors: black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, gray
• Counting: 1-5, 1-10
Try the other apps in the TeachMe series: TeachMe: Kindergarten and TeachMe: 1st Grade with TeachTech writing recognition. Also try out Smiley Sight Words and TimesTables (Multiplication Tables and Drills).
Happen occasionally due to the iPhone's hardware. If you have trouble hearing the audio try these steps: make sure the red dot is hidden on the mute switch, adjust the volume higher, restart the iPhone, switch the mute switch on and off a few times, insert and remove headphones (sometimes the iPhone gets confused on the state of the mute switch or the that a headphone is inserted). The mute switch does affect TeachMe's audio, but does not affect iPod music and some other apps.
@tribecamarathoner: To select which subjects to teach your child, tap Options, select the player, then under TeachMe Topics, turn on/off any of the subjects. Some subjects have different data sets within them as listed above under SUBJECTS.
We value your feedback, so please email us at [email protected]
for suggestions on improving TeachMe: Toddler. Email us first, and give us a chance to address your issue before posting a negative review.