- Category: Weather
- Released date: 05/03/2009
- Current Version: 10.2
- Seller: homedatasheet.com, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1178928
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Why pay for multiple apps that provide U.S. current conditions, forecasts, and radar, plus marine weather, when you can get it all and much more with WeatherLCD!
- Current U.S. weather conditions
- Wind Chill
- Pressure tendency (East of Rockies only)
- Raw METARs & TAF data (where available)
- Lightning probability maps for the Contiguous US
- Forecasts (including snow accumulation)
- Alerts (including high surf & rip current)
- Animated radar (short AND long-range)
- City/Zip Code search
- Map-based Search
- Network/GPS location
- Metric conversion (except alerts and snow accumulation)
Alaska weather note: Land-based Alaska weather must be accessed using either Map Search or auto-locate. While there is good coverage near population centers (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau), coverage of the Western Kenai Peninsula is not available, and radar coverage may not be available in all rural areas.
On the water:
- Surface observations from buoys
- Detailed wind, wave, and other marine condition predictions for the U.S. Pacific Atlantic, and Gulf Coasts, plus Alaskan waters and U.S. portions of the Great Lakes, Puerto Rico/U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam/N. Mariana Islands.
- Area forecasts farther off shore
- Hazardous marine condition bulletins/warnings
- Swell height/period for Pacific locations
- Text forecasts for Lake Champlain & Lake Tahoe
- Metric conversion (except alerts)
- Marine forecasts, watches, and warnings for the Canadian Great Lakes Region, and the St Lawrence River down to Montreal. Information is available in English and French, depending on device language setting.
In the air:
- Interactive global air turbulence map primarily based on pilot reports (PIREPS)
- Color-coded pins make it easy to grasp turbulence severity
- Touch any pin to get details such as reported turbulence altitude range, frequency, and type (chop, clear air turbulence, low-level wind shear, or mountain wave) if reported
- Determines aircraft type or airline associated with report, and links to Wikipedia articles.
(Note to non-US customers: the vast majority of turbulence reports displayed by WeatherLCD are from the US (incl. AK & air routes to HI) and Canada. A few times a day there are reports from the North Atlantic, Western Pacific (off Japan & China), and Caribbean. It is very rare to see data points in other than the aforementioned locations.)
All weather data presented by WeatherLCD and all graphics (with the exception of those in the bottom tab bar, the sky and water view backgrounds, the maps, and Canadian marine data) are from the National Weather Service and not subject to copyright protection. Canadian marine data is copyrighted and used under license from Environment Canada. homedatasheet.com, Inc. is not affiliated with the National Weather Service or Environment Canada.
Disclaimer: Aviation data presented by WeatherLCD is for information only and not to be used for flight safety or route planning purposes. The lightning predictions are not a substitute for your eyes, ears, or common sense.