- Category: Weather
- Released date: 11/03/2009
- Current Version: 1.2
- Seller: Atlanta Weather
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 4510832
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
ALL 150+ U.S. NEXRAD radar sites! Plus Regional and National Radar Mosaics!
*** NEW! ***
- "Google Maps" based mode!
- Retains "Classic" mode option for users who prefer the original maps.
- "Clutter Reduction" option.
- New UI selection toggle view for iPhone/iPod that includes a completely redone radar legend and allow quick access to radar types.
✓ Intuitive User Interface:
- No Clunky Controls or "Clutter"
- Radar Animation (Classic or Express Mode)
✓ Access to All 150+ U.S. Radars via:
- Current Location ("Locate Me")
- Search By Zip Code, City, Airport Code, or PID
- Pick from a List Grouped by State
✓ Includes Regional and National Radar Mosaics
- Add any Combination of Maps to Your Favorites!
- wxRadar Remembers Last Map Viewed Between Uses
✓ Displays Warning Polygons in "Classic" mode for:
- Tornado Warnings
- Severe Thunderstorm Warnings
- Flash Flood Warnings
- Special Marine Warnings
✓ Three Different Graphics/Feed Modes:
- Google Maps with radar overlay
- Classic with non-scaling topography
- Express for faster access (or use as a Backup Feed)
✓ Choose Your Experience Level:
- Basic: Hides the Weather "Geekery"
- Advanced: Shows Access to All Radar Types
✓ Includes Access to the Following Radar Types:
- N0R: Base Reflectivity
- NCR: Composite Reflectivity
- N0V: Base Velocity
- N0S: Storm Relative Motion
- N1P: One Hour Storm Totals
- NTP: Storm Total
- NVL: Vertically Integrated Liquid (iPad Only)
- NET: Echo Tops (iPad Only)
✓ Additional Useful Features:
- "Clutter reduction" option
- Always Starts with Last Radar Location Viewed
- Lists Open with the Last List Viewed
- Caches Data for Faster Loading
- Automatically Switches to Backup "Mirror" Feeds
- Tap & Hold to Quickly Access Adjacent Radars (Classic or Express Mode)
✓ "Out of the way" Mode - Tap the time stamp to toggle on/off graphics on top of the radar data for unobstructed view of radar echoes in "Classic" mode. Toggles radar opacity ("dims") in "Google Maps" mode.
✓ All Questions/Support Requests Answered Quickly (usually within 24 hours or less). Thank you for all the kind words and suggestions. Please keep them coming!
===== FAQ =====
- Q: How do I access "Storm Relative Motion"? I only see three radar types.
- A: Go to settings, advanced, and turn on "Advanced User".
- Q: How do you animate the radar in "Google Maps" mode?
- A: Radar Animation is currently not supported in "Google Maps" mode. However, this feature is coming soon!
- Q: How do I show warning polygons in "Google Maps" mode?
- A: Warning polygons are not currently supported in "Google Maps" mode. However, this feature is coming soon!
- Q: I have selected "Google Maps", but National map (or regional map) isn't displayed on "Google Maps"?
- A: Regional maps are not currently supported in "Google Maps" mode. However, this feature is planned for a future release.
- Q: How do I select another radar in "Google Maps" mode? I don't see any others on the map.
- A: Use "locate", search, or choose from the radar lists. However, selecting radars from the map itself is coming soon!
- Q: It's snowing (or light rain), but nothing is showing on the radar?
- A: Turn off "Clutter Reduction" in settings.