Printing from your iPhone can sometimes be a daunting task, Apple is now making it easier to print directly from your iPhone with AirPrint. AirPrint will allow you to print web pages, photos, emails and even documents without installing any software or drivers. There is one catch, in order to print you must have access to an AirPrint compatible wireless printer (reference link below). You can find several third party apps that allow remote printing, although most of them are geared toward photo printing.
Things you'll need
- iPhone (running iOS 4.2 or later)
- Compatible printer (see list in reference link below)
- Open the item you want to print (if you are printing a web page you must open the page in Safari before you will be able to print).
- Tap the Send icon on the bottom of the page.
- Tap Print button from the send menu.
- Tap Select Printer. If you have a compatible wireless printer, you will see that it auto populates as an option when you tap Select Printer. Simply tap the printer name to select.
- Tap the -/+ sign to increase or decrease the number of copies you wish to print.
- Slide the on/off bar for Double Sided copies. The default will be on.
- Tap Print.