It’s natural for our gadgets, including the Apple iPhone 4, to get a little hot every now and then. It’s normal with usage and especially when charging. While we’ve all heard the horror stories about our toys catching on fire, however, it’s still a little shocking to see it happen. One would imagine that engineers have solved this extremely dangerous problem by now, right?
Pictured above is an iPhone 4 that got a little too hot and ended up bursting into flames where the 30-pin connector meets the body. As a result, the accompany USB cable melted and the frame of the iPhone 4 is scorched. Apparently, the frame became very hot and even burned the owner’s hand just slightly. Unfortunately, given very limited stock right now, the iPhone 4 user was unable to get the handset exchanged at an AT&T store, but Apple did confirm to the user that it was a defective USB connector. Based on that, we’re assuming that Apple will replace this handset without too many problems.
Word of warning out there just to prevent injuries: although our gadgets and electronics get hot every now and then, be cautious when things get a little too hot or when you suspect something may malfunction or go wrong. Serious injuries have resulted in the past.