Sonim confirmed the XP1300 Core, its latest offering in a series of rugged handsets. The XP1300 Core is IP-68 certified which means it can be submerged up to 2 meters and is impervious to dust. Not a slouch when it comes to specs, the XP1300 Core includes the following features:
- 2-inch gorilla glass display
- Omni-directional microphone with noise cancellation
- US MIL-810G certification for salt, fog, humidity, transport shock, and thermal shock.
- IP-68 Submersible to 2 Meters for 30 Minutes – Protected against rain, fog and salt air
- IP-68 Impervious to Dust and Micro-Particles
- Impact Proof – Withstands 2 meter drops onto concrete
- Dual injected shell (hardened rubber, fiberglass mix)
- 23mm speaker, protected by a GORE cover
- widely-spaced keys for ease of use with gloved hands
- Multimedia Player – Video and MP3
- waterproof connectors
- operating temperatures ranging from -20 degrees C to +55 degrees C
- Up to 18 hours of Talk Time and 800 hours of Standby
The Sonim XP1300 Core comes with a 3-year comprehensive warranty which will cover all the abuse that you can throw at it. Sonim’s latest offering will be available in early November for $399 unlocked. With a hot, new rugged handset and $9 million in Series 4 funding, Sonim is doing well in it chosen niche mobile market. All the nitty, gritty details are available in the press release on the next page.