If you’re looking to create and edit videos with your Apple iPhone, you might want to check out the new app from Vimeo because it may offer you more features than the built-in video editor.
The Vimeo iPhone app includes multiple features that you’d expect from a video editor, including the ability to capture video, add transitions, tiles, effect, add music and save your videos. You’ll be able to save the videos to your device or upload to your existing Vimeo account.
The Vimeo iPhone app promises the full “Vimeo experience,” which includes:
• Watch and manage all your existing Vimeo videos and download them to your camera roll
• Easily upload your raw footage or edited creations in HD or SD
• Pause and resume uploads
• Replace existing videos
• Edit title, description, tags, privacy and credits
• Share with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, Email or SMS
• Add your clips to your Groups, Channels and Albums
• Stats on daily plays, likes and comments
With the Vimeo iPhone app and Apple’s iMovie, the mobile phone is quickly becoming a mobile video editing powerhouse. It will be interesting to see what type of footage can be made and how long before we see a real film shot with one of these devices.