If you’re a fan of Zipcar and its services, and you own an Android device, you’ll be happy to know that there is now a Zipcar app available for your smartphone. The new Android app uses your device’s GPS to locate nearby cars, your current car or any favorite cars you might have used in the past. If you haven’t used the service prior to downloading the Android app, you can also check out car models near the area.
Zipcar is definitely an awesome service if you travel quite a bit and aren’t a fan of rental car offices, or if you live in a city where you really only need a car every now and then. With the Android app, here are some of the things you’ll be able to do in addition to what’s mentioned above:
- Reserve Zipcars around the corner or across the globe
- Find cars by time available, car type and model
- View, extend or cancel reservations on the go
- Honk your Zipcar’s horn with your Android phone to find it in a crowd
- Unlock and lock your Zipcar with your Android phone after scanning your Zipcard at the start of each reservation
As far as what you can do with your membership, it seems like the app has it all covered. If you’re interested in downloading the app, you can find it a the Zipcar website linked below.