Verizon will soon release a firmware update for the DROID Charge smartphone. Set to be released on November 29, the new software will add Gingerbread to Samsung’s smartphone, packing a number of improvements and fixes including:
- Updated Download Manager app – from where you can manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- Improved word selection and Copy/Paste functionality.
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Added device and SD card encryption; VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
- Updated Calendar options – ability to display event times in your home time zone when traveling; Dismiss individual reminders.
- Pause, Wait and Password have been added into the voicemail speed dial entry for manual entry/storage.
- Increased intensity of the vibration alert.
- Added Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA).
- Reduced volume of the Low Battery Notification sound has been reduced.
All in all, really good Tuesday is coming for the DROID Charge owners. 😉