Mobile ad network InMobi conducted an iPad-focused study to find out who will buy Apple’s new tablet once it’s released. Here’s what they’ve found out:
- 29% of respondents are planning to buy the iPad 3 with 54% of those do not already own a tablet.
- 65% of those who intend to buy an iPad 3 would also consider buying an iPad or iPad 2 at a reduced price instead.
- 50% of those who intend to buy the iPad 3 are willing to pay over $500. If it costs more than $599, however, 57% would opt for an older model instead.
- 44% would not consider another tablet brand instead of the iPad. Amongst those who would consider other brands, the Samsung Galaxy took second place (27%) and Amazon Kindle – third (14%).
- The features respondents are most looking forward to are faster processor speed (57%), followed by better battery life (47%), a higher-quality screen (46%), 4G connectivity (43%), better camera (34%), and size & weight (31%) – guess the last mentioned means users want a smaller or lighter device.
- 51% of respondents would purchase the iPad 3 for entertainment over business or education.
And in case you wonder, InMobi conducted the on-device survey among 689 U.S. mobile users, which let’s face it, is everything but a representative sample… or so I think.