That’s right! The title says it all. We expected the software-based iPhone v1.1.3 jailbreak no earlier than tonight, and the iPhone Dev Team has taken us by (pleasant) surprise!The iPhone v1.1.3 jailbreak is now live and ready to bring third-party applications, via Installer.app, to your newly updated (or brand-new) iPhone.
We’ll get straight to the juiciness (you’ll need a jailbroken iPhone v1.1.1 or v1.1.2):
- Connect your iPhone to your computer (via USB cable, of course)
- Download, install and run iBrickr Special 1.1.3 jailbreak edition (iBricker.exe)
- iBrickr will determine your firmware version and guide you through the jailbreak process
- iBrickr will load the new firmware on your phone
- Once iBrickr does its thing, goto Installer.app and install the “1.1.3 soft upgrade” package
- When the installation completes (give it 10-15 minutes) your iPhone will reboot with a new v1.1.3 firmware
See, it’s not all that hard. We’ll shut up now and let you get to updating your iPhone to a jailbroken v1.1.3.
Big ups to the iPhone Dev Team!
Update: Windows-only, folks. Stay tuned for the Mac version.
Update 2: The Mac version of the iPhone v1.1.3 jailbreak has now gone live. You’ll need to download this 1.1.3 package maker, open it, then fire up “Run_This” – you may need to open Terminal and drag the “Run_This” application to the open window.
Follow the on-screen instruction carefully and the image will be uploaded to your iPhone. Once the Run_This app is finished doing its thing, you’ll want to follow the same Installer.app-based instructions above (that’s the last step in the tutorial above).
Sell Your Old Cell Phone for Cash
Select your device below to begin:
Buy a New Cell Phone
Best Sellers from AT&T
New Releases from AT&T
See all cell phones from AT&T
Best Sellers from Sprint
New Releases from Sprint
See all cell phones from Sprint
Best Sellers from Verizon
New Releases from Verizon
See all cell phones from Verizon