On the heels of their Weather Channel Application for Android, the folks at The Weather Channel Interactive have released the very same App for the iPhone! This new app gives users the ability to personalize maps with weather layers and neighborhood landmarks that are part of their daily life. Very cool, especially if you partake in a lot of activities outdoors. Simply add radar and cloud layers to your map, and check the weather in that area before you leave! Handy!
The Weather Channel Mobile App features patented technology that provides extremely detailed weather, accurate up to 2 kilometers. The technology used combines traditional weather tracking techniques with a whole lot more data from their weather centers to provide unique conditions for more than 1.9 million locations. Insane.
Key Features of The Weather Channel Mobile App for iPhone and iPod Touch:
- Location-enabled – Find Me feature plots your exact location for quick, accurate conditions & severe weather alerts.
- Fully Customizable Maps – Decide which weather layers to display (radar, clouds, rainfall, snowfall, UV index…), as well as what landmarks to display (cities, schools, parks…).
- Nicknamed Locations – Ability to store and personalize relevant locations on the map.
- Share Information – Share weather conditions and alerts with contacts in your address book.
- Video forecasts – Get local, national and international video forecasts with The Weather Channel on-air meteorologists.
The Weather Channel Mobile is available for FREE in the App Store. Get it here (iTunes link). If you’re searching for fully customizable and powerful weather tracking app, this is the one for you.