WordPress for BlackBerry and Android is now sitting at version 1.3, with a variety of new goodies. The big ones are comment status sorting and easier rich text editing, but here’s the full list for updates to the BlackBerry version.
- Option to load more comments, not just the latest 100
- Ability to load comments by status (all/spam/pendings)
- You can now edit the comment details (Author Name/E-mail/URL)
- Option to manually set the video-size when using VideoPress service
- A much requested formatting toolbar that allows you to bold text for example
- A new word count feature is shown on the post/page write screen
- You can now submit bug reports and feedback from within the app
- Multiple improvement to how Stats are handled
- Improvements on the photo resizing options and a new jpeg encoder is now being used
For Android, stats, multiple comment moderations, and visual text editing are also included, so I can only assume that it also has some of the other BlackBerry additions above. There’s also a few new localizations; it looks like all of the major languages are covered. The new stats options include full-blown graphs, if you’re the type to be perpetually worried about traffic. The iOS version was updated a few weeks ago to accommodate the iPhone 4’s high-resolution display, but lacked all these fancy features.
The new text options are very nice – more than once I’ve had to go through a few posts here on IntoMobile via BlackBerry, and chugging through raw HTML on a screen that small makes life hard. Still, it’s a far cry from a WYSIWYG editor, and at this point, I’d settle for something that simply previews image placement and alignment.
Download links to all the apps are right here, or you can go to WordPress’ apps page to see how many different ways you can get your blog on.
Download WordPress for BlackBerry (Free) [App World link]
Download WordPress for Android (Free) [Market Link]
Download WordPress for iPhone (Free) [iTunes link]