After releasing an improved version for the Android devices (the one Stefan likes so much), Opera Software is going for the, let’s face it slowly dying, Windows Mobile community. The new version of the popular mobile web browser for Microsoft’s mobile platform packs several important enhancements, including:
- The ability to set Opera Mini as the default browser
- Support for devices with larger and high-res screens
- Improved page layout and font rendering
- Support for accelerometer (for auto-rotation)
- Advanced configuration for power users
Rest of the features remain unchanged, hence you can expect the same fast page load times and compression that will save you some cash on mobile data.
Opera Mini 5.1 is available as a free download for Windows Mobile 2003 SE, 5.x and 6.x smartphones. To download it, simply point your existing mobile browser to m.opera.com and take it from there.