Seesmic for Android has been updated and is now easier and faster to use. The main thing of the version 1.7 is support for shortcuts, allowing users to put pretty much any app’s function to the homescreen. Some of the suggested shortcuts include:
- Compose: Post to Facebook Pages and Twitter in one tap.
- Replies & Mentions: Find out quickly who’s talking about you.
- Facebook Page: Read, respond and post to your Facebook Wall on the fly.
- Search: Quick access to your favorite searches.
- Twitter Lists: A single tap to access the voices and conversations you care about.
- Salesforce Chatter: Quick access to the watercooler conversations and internal collaboration.
In addition to shortcuts, Seesmic for Android 1.7 also comes with other enhancements, including the ability to open links (tweets, and Facebook updates and profiles) from within the application, instead of the Browser. Moreover, social network updates can be translated and Twitter accounts marked as spam in a single tap.
Finally, UI has been improved and specially optimized for Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablets, while some of the little things users have asked for – resolved.
In a nutshell, if you’ve enjoyed Seesmic before, you’ll want to update. Otherwise — if you still don’t have it running on your Android device — now may be the right time to give it a try.
Seesmic (FREE) [Android Market link]