Nexus S 4G users for Sprint, get your thumbs ready. Swype, possibly the fastest text-input method for Android, is coming to your smartphones. With Swype, you’ll be able to crank out e-mails, text messages and more without having to lift your finger off the keyboard. Instead of typing individual letters, you swipe through them to form the words you’re trying to spell, and Swype will complete or correct them for you. It works so well after you get used to it, in fact, that world records for text messaging have been set by using the software.
Here is how to get it on your Nexus S 4G:
- Go to http://sprint.swype.com in your browser.
- Click Download.
- Click Register and fill out the registration information making sure to use the email address for your phone and create a password for your Swype account.
- When you receive the email from Swype on your phone, follow the link, remembering the account code in the email.
- Follow the download instructions. You will need to change your settings to allow applications to be downloaded from Unknown sources. When this setting is changed, long press the Home key and select Package installer, Install and Open.
- Log into Swype using your registration email and password, enter the account code from the email you received from Swype and Download Swype.
- Once the application is installed, enable Swype and go to any text field. Then long press the text field, select Input method and choose Swype.
Still complicated? Check out this video below on how to do it.